Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Answers for Life are found in the Light, not the Darkness

Deuteronomy 18:10  "...And do not let your people practice fortune-telling, or use sorcery, or interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft."

Leviticus 19:26  “... You must not practice divination or sorcery.”

Leviticus 19:31  "You must not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out, or you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.”

Our loving Heavenly Father can’t be more clear on this topic. If we are to find the answers we need for life we will find them in Him, not in darkness. When King Saul was in a bind he grew impatient and disobeyed God’s command by seeking out a medium.

I Samuel 28:7  “Saul then said to his advisers, “Find a woman who is a medium, so I can go and ask her what to do.”

Saul’s plan failed and it cost him and his son’s their lives.

When we look to witchcraft, sorcery, a medium, or something similar for life’s answers, we are doing three things:
  1. We are saying; “Lord I don’t trust you to give me the guidance I need for life.”
  2. We are looking to the counterfeit for truth. Satan is the father of lies. You will never find the truth in any of his ways.
  3. We are rebelling against God.
Your Heavenly Father loves you with an everlasting love. Look to Him in prayer, His word (the Bible), and His people (the church) for guidance for life. He has also given us the Holy Spirit to be our counselor. You don't need "other spirits" to be your guide when you already have the Holy Spirit and His promises as your guide.

Psalm 32:8 says “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye.”

It is an honor to serve as your pastor. Join me in prayer for this weekend’s services. Also, invite someone to come and worship with us.

God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments. Please be respectful. We reserve the right to moderate comments based on relevancy and language.

Popular Posts